Congratulations to the 2014 BC High School Hockey League Champions!
|Tier 1: Terry Fox
||Tier 2: Rockridge
||Tier 3: Elgin Park
For more information, please visit the BC High School Hockey League website.
Apply NOW for the 2015 BC High School Hockey League
All players must fit into all three (3) categories listed below:
- Enrolled full time in the school that you play for.
- In grades 10-12, a Midget aged hockey player. No players registered in Junior hockey are eligible.
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a BC Hockey Member.
Coach(s) must be approved by the school, and must be at each game.
Coach(s) must have Coach Hybrid or Developmental 1 Certification
The first season of the BC High School Hockey League consisted of six (6) teams and grew to twenty (20) teams during the second year. Last year, in its third season, the league expanded even further based on the growing number of interested schools. This year, the BCHSHL is expanding to 30 teams.
The league fee will be determined based on the amount of teams that enter the league. Schools will be contacted after the deadline with the league format and fee amount.
The 2007 BC Hockey Summit produced “Cooperate with the School System to introduce hockey to all students in BC” as one of the most important growth initiative for BC Hockey. One strong recommendation from the Summit groups was; “BC Hockey to become involved in BC School Sports/ High School hockey”
To grow the game of ice hockey by providing a province wide High School league that is separate of the existing Minor Hockey season but which compliments and benefits both the High School and Minor Hockey systems in British Columbia.
- To act as a platform for all high schools to develop and maintain hockey programs within their athletic departments.
- To allow schools to compete against one another in an organized league. Future opportunities lead to the declaration of BC Champions.
- To provide the players with a new experience that is unique from what they would receive through minor hockey with minimal interference with existing BC Hockey programming.
- To assist the development of BC athletes.
- To provide post-season options for BC Hockey players.