BC Hockey announced today that Thompson Blazer’s forward Morgan Zulinick (Kamloops, BC) has been named the Major Midget League Player of the Month for December. Zulinick finished the month of December with five (5) goals and six (6) assists in only four (4) games (Due to the Holiday Break).
Zulinick was drafted in the third round of the 2009 WHL Bantam draft by the Edmonton Oil Kings. In the four (4) games that he played in, the Blazers only scored 12 goals making his 11 points even more impressive.
“He continues to lead his team by example boosting his team leading point total to 29 points,” said Thompson Blazers head coach Greg Hermiston. “In addition to his on-ice play Morgan continues to strive for and achieve high marks in school as he maintains a 85% average.”
As well as being named Player of the Month, Zulinick will receive a gift from Easton on his selection. Morgan Zulinick was chosen from a high calibre list of nominees for this prestigious award. The runners up in no particular order are as follows:
- Cariboo Cougars – Mike King
- Vancouver North West Giants – Charlie Finn
- Fraser Valley Bruins – Devon Allenby
- Greater Vancouver Canadians – Pearce Eviston
- Valley West Hawks – Mason Blacklock
- Kootenay Ice – Arthur Andrews
- South Island Thunderbirds – Justin Polischuk
- Okanagan Rockets – Max Mowat
- Vancouver North East Chiefs – Justin Georgenson
- North Island Silvertip – Brent Baltus
The BC Hockey Major Midget League was established in 2004 to provide elite level 15, 16 and 17 year olds an opportunity to play within their own age group. Playing at this high level and be developed for the next level of hockey. These teams have an opportunity each year to compete for the National Midget Championship.