Esso Fun Days are designed to introduce the game of hockey and its basic skills in a fun and supportive learning environment for the first time female hockey player. It is a one (1) day or six (6) week program for youth or adults that includes both on and off-ice activities. They are hosted by local minor hockey associations and are free of charge for participants.
Esso Fun Days:
- Are a fun introduction to female hockey for the first time player, coach, official or administrator
- Are designed to introduce beginners to hockey and its basic skills at no cost
- Are designed to make females’ first contact with hockey a safe and positive experience
- Enable participants to become contributing members of a team effort, to experience team spirit, develop self-confidence and experience a sense of achievement
- Are designed so that it can be delivered to females of all ages (Local association may direct to a certain age group based on association needs)
- Are a fun, informative hockey program that establishes Esso as a lead supporter of female hockey programming and development
- Attract first time players to register for female hockey programs including the Hockey Canada Initiation Program, so that they will enjoy the game of hockey for a lifetime
To host an Esso Fun Day session, minor hockey associations must submit an application Hockey Canada.
Upcoming Esso Fun Days
There are currently no scheduled Esso Fun Days.
If you're hosting an upcoming Esso Fun Day, please send the details to email@example.com.