“LACE ‘EM UP” is designed to encourage registration in local minor hockey associations by focusing on the new or first-time participant, aged 6 – 12 years. These participants will be exposed to the game in a non-threatening, enjoyable environment through both on and off-ice activities designed to introduce the fundamental individual skills of the game along with being part of a team.
The new participants will benefit by:
- Being introduced to a sport they can play throughout their lives, no matter what level
- Improved fitness and overall health with increased physical activity
- Developing social skills through participation in a team environment
- Most importantly, HAVING FUN!
Not only do participants benefit from “LACE ‘EM UP” events, there are also numerous benefits to Minor Hockey Associations:
- Increased registration, which in turn strengthens ability to provide programs for members
- New registrants = new crop of volunteers
- New faces = new ideas and more energy
- Showcasing arenas and recreation centres
APPLY NOW (PDF)
Applications can be faxed or scanned/emailed to the BC Hockey office.
Phone: (250) 652-2978
Fax: (250) 6524536
**Please note: applications must be submitted at least four (4) weeks prior to the event. A receipt of the application will be acknowledged and the association will be contacted. Upon approval of the event, the host can advertise and encourage participants to sign up.
For each approved “LACE ‘EM UP” program BC Hockey will provide:
- Technical and administrative support for your program
- Operation’s manuals
- Lesson Plans
- Program posters
- Resource material, if required
- Consideration for instructional assistance, if required
The Minor Hockey Association will provide:
- Instructional and administrative support
- Facility rental including meeting rooms and ice time
- A summary report
- A picture or video synopsis of the event