About Summer Skills Camps
The Oceanside Minor Hockey Association hosted a Skills Camp for Novice, Atom, Pee Wee and Bantam players on August 24 - 28, 2015. The players participated in both on-ice and dryland training, as well as team building activities.
Hockey Canada Skills Camps were developed by Hockey Canada in 1997 with the aim of helping both female and male players as well as coaches primarily at the Atom and Pee Wee level (9-12 years old) improve their fundamental hockey skills. However, some camps may be open to other age groups.
- Camp will run from Monday to Friday and follow a schedule created by Hockey Canada that emphasizes skill development and fun
- The age levels may be determined by the host community depending on the interest level (Atom, Pee Wee, or Bantam)
- In this model, the MHA administers the camp and provides some of the instructional staff
- Hockey Canada/BC Hockey supplies the product, apparel and on ice technical package in addition to having Hockey Canada/BC Hockey staff on site for all or part of the camp
BC Hockey will supply the following:
- Technical Curriculum
- Administrative Support
- Coaches’ Tracksuits and Hats
- Player Jerseys & Water Bottles
All interested districts/communities are responsible for the following:
- Establishing a host committee
- Coordinating ice and sport field bookings
- Recommending Hockey School Instructors and Group Leaders to be sent BC Hockey and Hockey Canada for Review
- Divisions of interested players (atom, bantam, peewee)
- Off Ice programming proposal
- Marketing Plan
For additional information, please visit Hockey Canada’s website.