News - Details
Schedule Announced for 2012 Male U17 BC Cup
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
BC Hockey announced April 25, 2012 the schedule for the 2012 Male U17 BC Cup that will be hosted in Salmon Arm, BC at the Shaw Centre from May 9-13, 2012. The top 120 male hockey players born in 1996 from across BC will be attending this prestigious event.
New to the BC Cup process this year is the elimination of the District Camps. This year players were invited to the BC Cup based on the evaluation by district evaluators that has been taking place all year during club and league play. Invitations were sent to players at the beginning of April.
Some notable BC Hockey Male High Performance graduates who have competed in the Program include:
- Duncan Keith of the Chicago Blackhawks (Team Okanagan 2000)
- Brent Seabrook of the Chicago Blackhawks (Team Greater Vancouver 2001)
- Gilbert Brule of the Phoenix Coyotes (Team Greater Vancouver 2003)
- Karl Alzner of the Washington Capitals (Team Greater Vancouver 2004)
- Kyle Turris of the Ottawa Senators (Team Greater Vancouver 2005)
- Brett Connolly of the Tampa Bay Lightning (Team North East 2007)
The BC Hockey Male Under 17 High Performance Program is an introduction to International High Performance Hockey which involves a series of short term camps and competitions just as our national teams are exposed to it at a higher level. In addition, the Under 17 program is a pre-cursor to the well-established Hockey Canada Program of Excellence, consisting Canada’s Under 18, World Junior and Men’s National Teams.