Lead, Develop and Promote Positive Lifelong Hockey Experiences
Who we are
BC Hockey is a not-for-profit organization and member of Hockey Canada in charge of governing amateur hockey at all levels in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory. Approximately 130 Minor Hockey Associations plus Junior and Senior teams, 60,000 players, 4,500 referees, 10,000 coaches, 20,000 official volunteers and countless others make our great game possible here in Pacific Canada.
- To foster, improve and perpetuate the game of amateur hockey in the province/territory.
- To develop sport participation, including recruitment and retention iniatives.
- To secure the enforcement of the rules of the game as adopted by the Society.
- To supervise and carry out the competitions for the championship of BC Hockey.
- To promote, advance and conduct the operation of the Hockey Canada Insurance Program as a means of members injured in play.
- To emphasize and encourage the involvement of those volunteers who put the interests of the game ahead of their personal interests.
- To elevate the awareness of the responsibilities of the hockey public in ensuring the game is played in a positive environment.
- To assist members in their pursuit of excellence by providing effective programs and services through available resources.
- To monitor and review services, benefits and programs available to members in order to meet their ever-changing needs.
- To present a common voice on behalf of the members in all discussions that could affect them at the local, provincial, national, and international level.
- To dedicate itself to the advancement of amateur hockey for all individuals in BC Hockey through progressive leadership by ensuring meaningful opportunities and enjoyable experiences in a sportsmanlike environment.
- To actively promote and support equal access to hockey programs and services for all regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, racial origin or religion.