IMPORTANT REMINDER – It’s that time of year again!
Please note that all returning members are required to apply for membership with BC Hockey each season. The following is an overview of the Membership Application process for 2021-2022.
1. The 2021-2022 BC Hockey Membership Application is now available.
- Click HERE to submit your Membership Application.
- This online form is for use by all member Associations, Teams, Leagues and Districts.
- All applications are due by May 31, 2021.
- Upon receipt of the application all members will be invoiced for membership fees.
2. There are three (3) items required as part of the Membership Application process:
- Completion of the membership survey, which appears when you click the Application link. Upon completion of the survey, you will be given a unique password and directed to the Membership Application form.
- Minor Hockey Associations and District Associations are also required to submit their screening processes as per BC Hockey Policy 5.08. This can be uploaded at time of application, or emailed into email@example.com
- Applicants are required to submit their Constitution, Bylaws and Regulations for verification of compliance with Bylaws 203 and 213. This can also be uploaded at time of application.
3. Name Changes:
- An organization that adjusts its name from the previous season will be flagged during the review of the Membership Application, and the proposed adjustment will be considered by the BC Hockey Board of Directors. In such a case our office may reach out for further information to complete the review process. Note: An organization that wishes to change its name at any point after May 31 should notify our office immediately in writing, including any background information, so that we may consider the name change.
4. Personnel Changes:
- Should an organization have a change in personnel during the season we ask that you please advise the BC Hockey office so that our records are up to date and accurate.
5. Certificate of Good Standing:
- A section has been added to the Membership Application asking for submission of a recent Societies Act Certificate of Good Standing. This, or the email you receive confirming registration or renewal, can be uploaded at time of application.
6. Hockey Canada Registry
- As the Hockey Canada Registry 3.0 is launching in June 2021, HCR access will not be distributed at the time of Application. Please ensure all contact information is updated in the Membership application as this will be our contact for HCR training and notification.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above, please contact Brianna Davey at the BC Hockey office, at 250-652-2978 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your Membership, and for taking the time to follow all steps required with this process.