About the BC Hockey High School Hockey League
All players must fit into all three (3) categories listed below:
- Enrolled full time in the school that you play for.
- In grades 10-12, a Midget aged hockey player. No players registered in Junior hockey are eligible.
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a BC Hockey Member.
Coach(s) must be approved by the school, and must be at each game.
Coach(s) must have Coach 2 or Developmental 1 Certification
The first season of the BC High School Hockey League (BCHSHL) consisted of six (6) teams and grew to 20 teams during the second year. Last year, in its fourth season, the league expanded even further based on the growing number of interested schools.
The league structure will be determined based on the amount of teams that enter the league.
The 2007 BC Hockey Summit produced “Cooperate with the School System" to introduce hockey to all students in BC as one of the most important growth initiatives for BC Hockey. One strong recommendation from the Summit groups was for “BC Hockey to become involved in BC School Sports/ High School hockey.”
To grow the game of ice hockey by providing a province wide high school league that is separate of the existing minor hockey season but which compliments and benefits both the high school and minor hockey systems in BC.
- To act as a platform for all high schools to develop and maintain hockey programs within their athletic departments.
- To allow schools to compete against one another in an organized league. Future opportunities lead to the declaration of BC Champions.
- To provide players with a new experience that is unique from what they would receive through minor hockey with minimal interference with existing BC Hockey programming.
- To assist the development of BC athletes.
- To provide post-season options for BC Hockey student players.
For more information on the BC High School Hockey League, please contact BC Hockey at email@example.com.