About the Annual Congress
About the Annual Congress and Annual General Meeting
The Annual Congress is held over a weekend in the month of June, and provides BC Hockey members the opportunity to get together to celebrate minor hockey, attend seminars as well as attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on the Saturday afternoon. The AGM of BC Hockey is, as the name suggests, the main annual meeting of the members of BC Hockey.
Our Congress Weekend Goals
This gathering is all about creating a great business, interactive and social environment for BC Hockey members. We gather to learn, take care of Society business, and have some fun. Among our goals:
- Review the completed season
- Discuss and establish direction regarding our rules, regulations, bylaws, policies and budget for the coming seasons
- Elect Directors for the BC Hockey Board of Directors
- Celebrate achievements, champions, and volunteers, including those being awarded for outstanding service
- Provide engaging opportunities for education and training on key areas of focus for the coming season
- Take pride in our accomplishments and enjoy each other's company
We are all invested in BC Hockey as a dynamic organization, melding together Hockey Canada direction with BC Hockey Branch initiatives and with the work of every member association.
It is a weekend to live our values: Fun. Integrity. Teamwork. Excellence.