Competitive Adult Hockey
Senior Male Hockey (Competitive)
Senior Male Hockey is a highly competitive league for serious teams that are striving for Provincial/Territory and national supremacy.
- Senior AA Teams vie for BC Hockey's Senior Male AA Championship, the Coy Cup.
- Senior AAA Teams vie for the Savage Cup. The Savage Cup champions then compete in Inter-Branch competition leading to the Pacific Region Championship where they can compete for the Doug McKenzie Cup. Followed by the the National Championship where the winner takes home the Allan Cup.
- British Columbia Intercollegiate Hockey League (BCIHL) provides an excellent opportunities for junior hockey graduates to further their playing careers while completing their education. The teams compete for the championship.
For more information on these Senior Male Competitive Leagues please contact the Adult Male Coordinator or the Female Development Coordinator.
Competitive Adult Female Hockey
Senior Female Hockey (Competitive)
Senior Female Hockey is a highly competitive league for serious teams that are striving for Provincial/Territory, Regional and National supremacy. The South Coast Female Amateur Hockey League is comprised of Senior AA/A teams from Victoria, Kamloops, Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
- Senior A Teams vie for the BC Hockey Championship and represent BC Hockey in the Senior B Division at the Western Shield (Western Canada Championship).
- Senior AA Teams vie for the BC Hockey Championship and represent BC Hockey in the Senior A Division at the Western Shield (Western Canada Championship).
- Senior AAA Teams vie for BC Hockey Championship. BC Hockey team(s) may also play in inter-provincial leagues, and as such may get to play nationally for a league championship.
Competitive players also have the opportunity to attend open try-outs to play for Team BC for competition in the Women’s National Championship as a part of the BC Hockey High Performance Program.
For more information on Senior Female competitive categories contact the BC Hockey Senior / Recreational Female Divisional Director.
Adult Safe Hockey League (ASHL)
We all play here. Join more than 100,000 adult rec hockey players across Canada.
Adult rec hockey provides thousands of Canadians the opportunity to continue to enjoy the game after their minor hockey career has concluded.
Adult rec hokcey is for everyone as there are also introductory programs for those adults wanting to learn the game and start a new activity.
Benefits of playing in the Adult Safe Hockey League & Affiliate Leagues
- Best-in-class insurance program.
- $20 million of commercial general liability with participant-to-participant liability included.
- Up to $1 million of accidental death and dismemberment insurance coverage.
- Up to $5,000 in accidental dental and medical insurance, including lost income insurance.
With more than 65,000 players on the ice in 13 Canadian locations, the ASHL is the largest rec hockey league in the world. Check it out ... we've got a division for youMore Info
Running a league or a team and looking to be part of the Hockey Canada family? Take the next step and join more than 24,000 players competing in affiliate leagues.More info