PROGRAM OF EXCELLENCE SEEKING STRENGTH & CONDITIONING COACHES FOR 2023-24 SEASON
Do you want to become involved with the male and female Team BC for the Program of Excellence? Are you interested in assisting athletes to perform their best on and off the ice? BC Hockey is looking to appoint two Strength and Conditioning Coaches, High Performance Program for our female and male teams for the 2023-24 season.
This year’s POE schedule will include participation in the 2023 National Women's Under-18 Championship for the Female U18 Team BC and participation in the 2023 WHL Cup for the Male U16 Team BC.
To apply for one of the available positions, candidates should click HERE.
Description of Duties:
The Strength and Conditioning Coach, Program of Excellence will perform the following key duties:
- Work and serve as a specialist with the Program of Excellence
- Condition athletes to come to short term camps prepared to compete at the highest level possible
- Work with athletes during camps to prepare for ice sessions
- Attend all Events and Camps as required
- Serve as a resource and contact for strength and conditioning and nutrition for elite level players in the Program of Excellence
- Facilitate all fitness testing for camps
- Develop a conditioning/nutrition plan
- Develop data outputs for performance
- Attendance for the duration of all camps and competitions is required
- Current strength and conditioning/athletic therapy credentials/certification (i.e. NSCA-CSCS, CATA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in human kinetics, kinesiology, physical education, or equivalent sport sciences, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition certification (or equivalent) is an asset but not a requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in written form
- Strong commitment to the program’s operation and development
- Must have good administration, organizational and communication skills
- Respect in Sport certification
- Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Persons Check
Applications will remain open until two suitable candidates have been selected. Only candidates that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note, the Strength and Conditioning Coach, High Performance Program is a one-year volunteer contract position from June 2023 – March 2024 (with possible extension) with primary roles performed between the months of March – November. The selected candidate will be provided an honorarium, and coverage of expenses will be provided.
For more information on BC Hockey's POE, please visit https://www.bchockey.net/team-bc/program-of-excellence.